Welcome to the Sri Garden web site.
Our purpose is “to educate the youth of the world to take their productive place as leaders in a global community”. Like many schools, we strive for academic excellence. What is different about Sri Garden School is our emphasis on producing all-round individuals. A holistic education is needed to meet the demands of employers and universities in the 21st century. To succeed in life, our students need to be good academically and also have taken the opportunity to extend themselves, and experience different opportunities.
How do we do this?
Since January 2011, we have been transforming to an international curriculum school. This allows our school to be structured and challenged by the international curriculum whilst keeping our Malaysian values,culture and ethos. This transformation also means that we are phasing out our Malaysian curriculum classes over the next five years, becoming a full international school in 2016.
Co-curricular activities are an integral part of our school. There are many activities for our students to participate in, broad examples of which are:
- Sport (we have a number of very successful students in various sports)
- Performance (we have been the National Choral Speaking Champions for the past two years)
- Debate (we participate in Model United Nations conferences both in Malaysia and overseas)
- International relations. We are twinned with Hokuryo High School in Kyoto, Japan. This programme involves short annual home stay, and longer immersion visits between the two schools. Our students also have the opportunity to visit other countries on exchanges, and we annually host visits from overseas schools.
- Six dimensions. This is an internally generated programme, which we use extensively in our teaching. The programme aims to help students translate their academic work into real-life situations.
We take great pride in the way lessons are taught here. We believe that we must continually update our teachers with the latest ideas and methodologies so that they can use them to stimulate our students. We use Information and Communications Technology (ICT) extensively. All our classrooms are equipped with broadband connections and projectors, allowing our teachers to make full use of multimedia resources to enhance their teaching. Our teachers are focused on our students and their learning. We believe that understanding is the key to knowledge, which will then naturally lead to good exam results. Students are encouraged to be critical learners and to be involved in their own learning.
A school would not be doing their job properly without educating a child to work with people and to fit into a community. We believe that social awareness and character building are very important and take every opportunity to reinforce good character traits.
We have come a long way, since the school started 20 years ago, and the future for Sri Garden looks even more promising. To continue the international approach to education started many years ago.
Please take a few minutes to look around this site, and do contact us if you’re interested to find out more about our programmes.